A "Campy" Halloween
by Stacie Hoppman on October 16,2018 in
with No Comments
The weather is turning colder, the leaves are falling, and the spooky decorations are coming out as everyone is preparing for Halloween. For anyone looking to add a little “camp flair” to their Halloween costume ideas, here are our top 5 suggestions:
- Who does everyone admire and secretly wish they could be best friends with at camp? Paul Scott, our Maintenance Director! If you want to be the coolest kid on the block at your next Halloween party, dress up as Paul. Of course, this costume will include a sleeveless shirt, jeans, cowboy boots, and a ball cap. Add some flair by carrying a tool box instead of a candy bucket.
- The perfect costume for a best friends trio: Marshmallow, chocolate, and graham cracker. Nothing says camp like s’mores, and you and your friends will be the sweetest treat of the night. Have a fourth friend? They could be a second graham cracker to complete your s’more sandwich!
- What’s one of the favorite activities at camp? Swimming! Head to the costume party or go trick or treating decked out in your swimming gear, complete with goggles or snorkel mask, pool noodles, giant floaties, beach towel, and maybe even some flippers. Or, model your costume after your favorite lifeguard counselor and bring a guard tube, whistle, fanny pack, and sunglasses.
- Everyone loves the food at camp, so why not dress up as a Camp Wyoming cook? All you need for this costume is a spatula and a giant mixing bowl filled with Oreo Fluff. We promise, everyone is going to want to be your best friend.
- Why not choose a costume from the famous Horsethief Cave Legend? Dress up as a horse thief or the hero sheriff or as a horse! Carry around fake gold and fake dynamite to blow up the tunnel. Carry an empty gun holster and fill it with candy. If you have friends, each of you choose to be a different character and act out the legend for those who don’t know the story. Need a refresher on the story? Check it out here.
These five ideas should give you a great start on camp Halloween ideas. If you decide to give one of them a try, take a picture and send it our way!