Our Summer Camp Christmas List
It’s that time of year when kids are making out their Christmas lists and the stores are filling with people scouring the aisles for the perfect gifts for friends and family. Holiday music plays at the mall, Christmas lights outline homes and neighborhoods, and the weather certainly has a fresh nip in the air. The excitement of the season has us thinking about our hopes and dreams as we prepare to celebrate the birth of Jesus, the greatest gift of all. Here’s what’s on our Summer Camp Christmas List:
1. Snow! In just a few short weeks, lots of children and youth will be traveling to camp for Wintertainment and Teen Bash. It’s always exciting to be able to go flying through the snow down our tubing hill. We’d love to have the whole camp covered in snow for their arrival.
2. Friends and family to surround you this season. This can be a wonderful, joyful time of the year, but it can also be a time where we are reminded of loved ones who aren’t present any longer or who weren’t able to make it home. Our hope is that your home is filled with love and laughter, whether it be from friends or family, as you take the time to celebrate the relationships in your life and the people you treasure the most.
3. Hope that shines through the darkness. Last summer, our curriculum focused on celebrating the story of Jesus. We talked about the celebration of Advent and what an odd thing it was to celebrate waiting. However, we learned that as Christians, we can celebrate even in moments of waiting or sorrow, because we possess an everlasting, unfailing, and absolutely certain hope. This Christmas, we pray that God continually reminds you of that hope as you prepare for the birth of Christ.
4. Hot chocolate overflowing with marshmallows. Winter can often be a dreary and chilly season. We hope that your Christmas includes times where you can stop and appreciate the small gifts—like hot chocolate filled with marshmallows!
5. Summer camp for every child who wants to go. In just over a week, registration for our summer camp programs will open. Even though it is cold outside, we’re dreaming of sunshine and kayaks and paint wars and swimming pools. We know that camp is an integral part of the social, physical, and emotional development of any child, and it is our hope that each child that desires a summer camp experience will be able to participate in a Camp Wyoming program this summer. Are you interested in helping us make this happen? Click here.
We wish you and your family a very merry Christmas. We hope this time of the year brings you joy and rest and peace. Much love to all of you from Camp Wyoming!