We thought that it would be important to share with you our approach to summer camp as it relates to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Our highest priority is the safety and well-being of everyone at camp. Here are a few highlights of our plan for this summer:
- We are running staggered check-in and check-out times to reduce the amount of time families will spend waiting in line. Check the attached packet for your camper’s specific time.
- We ask that you limit the number of adults accompanying your camper at check-in or check-out to two. Masks will need to be worn over the nose and mouth at check-in and check-out. There will be a camper-only closing ceremony where they will view the end of the week video.
- In order to mitigate the spread of any virus, campers will be split into cohorts of 24 kids and 4-6 staff. These cohorts will be distanced from other cohorts during large group programming.
- If a camper exhibits symptoms or is exposed to COVID-19 while at camp, their parents will be notified and they will be tested (lower nasal swab rapid test). Any positive result will require the immediate pick-up of the camper. All families will be notified of any positive case while their child is at camp.
- Campers will need to be prepared to wear a face mask that covers their nose and mouth anytime they are indoors with people who are not part of their cohort. This will mainly happen while they are in the dining hall or indoors during a storm. Please pack at least 5 face masks for your camper.
Even taking these and other precautions, campers will still be exposed to the risk of contracting the coronavirus or other illnesses. Ultimately, it is up to each individual family to decide whether Camp Wyoming is a viable option and/or mitigated risk that they are willing to take. Please contact our main office with any questions or concerns that you might have.